A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation and working with communities and our Indigenous neighbours to meet rising energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
- Reporting to the Applications & Systems Group Leader this position will support identifying, implementing and maintaining basic process control applications. These applications are expected to have a direct influence on the technical performance of unit process operations allowing them to operate in a safe, environmentally sound manner while optimizing unit throughput and yields.
- Support applications engineers with day to day monitoring and support for existing applications on one or more process units.
- Support the Advanced Control and RTO Engineer(s) to develop new applications and maintain the performance of the existing ones.
- Maintain, measure and evaluate key unit performance indicators (application service factors, utilization factors) consistent with recognized design and/or engineering standards
- Support the Systems Engineer(s) with existing and new software/database requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Process Control or Computer Science Engineering, or equivalent, as certified by an acceptable Professional Engineering Association.
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Commitment to safety
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are required for the role
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, results-oriented individuals who are energized by working with people and by achieving superior results
- Valid driver’s license