The DIA Internship in Washington is a highly coveted program designed to provide students and recent graduates with hands-on experience in the field of intelligence. The internship is offered by the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), a premier combat support agency that provides vital intelligence support to the Department of Defense, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the military services. The program is a paid, full-time position that spans a period of 10-12 weeks.
As an intern with the DIA, you will be responsible for assisting with various tasks and projects, including conducting research, analyzing data, writing reports, and attending meetings. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to attend intelligence briefings, training sessions, and other events that will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the agency's operations. You will be assigned to a specific department, where you will be supervised by experienced professionals who will guide you through your work.
To be eligible for the DIA Internship, you must be a U.S. citizen, a current student, or a recent graduate (within the past two years) with a minimum GPA of 3.0. You must also pass a security clearance and a drug test. Preferred majors include intelligence studies, political science, international relations, or other related fields. The ideal candidate should possess excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills, as well as be able to work in a team-oriented environment.
The DIA Internship in Washington offers a variety of benefits to its interns. You will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals in the intelligence community, gain hands-on experience in your field of interest, and make valuable connections that can help jump-start your career. Additionally, you will receive a competitive salary and have access to various resources, such as the agency's libraries, research facilities, and other tools.
- Previous experience in intelligence or related fields is a plus, but not required.
- Any relevant experience in research, data analysis, report writing, or attending meetings is beneficial.
- Experience in a team-oriented environment is preferred.
- Excellent research and analytical skills are essential for success in this role.
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools such as Microsoft Office, databases, and statistical analysis software.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills are critical to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of intelligence studies, political science, international relations, or other related fields is preferred.