McKesson is seeking a Maintenance Technician. Ensures the optimal utilization of the organization’s facilities. Assesses and evaluates the physical space requirements of the organization and recommends plans to meet needs. Ensures proper functioning of facilities through ongoing inspection and maintenance. This is an entry level professional position and includes both formal and on-the-job training programs. Typically, a college graduate or equivalent experience. May be working towards relevant professional qualification. Employees may progress to this level from either the Business Support or Operations Career Streams.
- Supports facilities staff by performing maintenance duties such as maintenance of office equipment, and computer systems, electrical projects, light construction.
- Works with outside contractors and vendors on facilities and equipment repairs.
- General Maintenance, Troubleshooting and operations maintenance for all equipment used in facility.
- Ability to measure voltage and current accurately and safely and to use this data to troubleshoot circuits.
- Mechanical experience with aligning bearings, shafts, and drives, & able to adjust tension of belts and chains.
- Develop an overall maintenance schedule based on the requirements of each device.
- Ability to analyze cards and chips and replace if necessary.
- Troubleshoot network systems.
- Troubleshoot cabling and I/O devices.
- Configure and troubleshoot IBM compatible computers.
- Understand and utilize ICARE principles to communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Improve quality and efficiency on the production floor.
- Basic use and/or application of basic principles, theories, and concepts.
- Knowledge base generally acquired from university degree or equivalent coursework or after gaining the requisite experience in either the Business Support or Operations Career Streams.
- Develops resolutions to problems of limited scope and complexity.
- Uses readily available information and follows standard practices and procedures.
- Emphasis on learning.
- Follows specific, outlined, and detailed procedures.