Job Title: Department of Commerce Internship Program
Location: Various DOC Offices, Washington, D.C.
Internship Type: Unpaid, Volunteer Opportunity
Duration: Fall 2023 (Applications Accepted on Rolling Basis)
About Us: At the Department of Commerce (DOC), we are committed to fostering the next generation of public service leaders. Our Internship Program offers a unique opportunity for students to immerse themselves in the world of federal government and gain valuable experience working alongside political appointees from the Biden-Harris Administration. If you have a passion for public policy, governmental affairs, public affairs, economics, or business, we invite you to join our mission to engage and empower emerging leaders.
U.S. Department of Commerce Internship Program Submit Your Application Form
- Gain exposure to the inner workings of the Federal Government.
- Collaborate with political appointees on meaningful projects.
- Explore various DOC offices to find your passion in public service.
- Flexible hours to accommodate your academic schedule.
- Connect with like-minded individuals who share your commitment to public service.
List of Participating Offices
- Office of the Secretary
- Office of the Deputy Secretary
- Office of Business Liaison (OBL)
- Office of Public Affairs (OPA)
- Office of Digital Engagement (ODE)
- Executive Secretariat
- Office of Policy and Strategic Planning (OPSP)
- Office of White House Liaison (OWHL)
- Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO)
- Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Office of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs (OLIA)
- National Telecommunications and Information Administration
- International Trade Administration
- Minority Business Development Agency
- Bureau of Industry and Security
- Economic Development Administration
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration
- Fall 2023: Rolling Basis (Apply Now)
- Summer 2023: Application Period Closed
- Spring 2023: Application Period Closed
- Work closely with political appointees on projects that impact the nation.
- Contribute your skills and insights to the DOC’s mission.
- Participate in training and networking opportunities.
- Collaborate with professionals dedicated to public service excellence.
- Engage in meaningful work that aligns with your interests.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this internship opportunity, please follow these steps:
- Prepare your resume, highlighting your relevant experiences and qualifications.
- Send your resume to email@example.com.
- In your email, indicate your top three DOC offices of interest in order of preference.
- Specify the session (summer, spring, or fall) for which you are applying (e.g., Fall 2023).
- U.S. citizenship is mandatory.
- Applicants must be at least eighteen years of age on or before the first day of the internship.
- Enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university (2-4 year institution).
Note: We appreciate your interest in the Department of Commerce Internship Program. Please refrain from making phone calls or sending additional emails regarding your application status. We will contact you for an interview if you are selected as a potential candidate.
Join us in shaping the future of public service. Apply today and embark on a rewarding journey of personal and professional growth with the Department of Commerce Internship Program. Your passion for public service starts here.